Monday, January 12, 2009
Go Jerry! Go Jerry! Go, Go, Go Jerry!
Its been a while since I've "blogged". I guess its because I don't really feel like I have anything new to say. I have the same old complaints and the same inner turmoil as before. Every time I talk to my parents, I walk away fuming. I know I'm being overly sensitive, but the Mr. feels the same way, so I feel slightly validated.

Example: an unsavory tidbit from this weekend:
Dad: Look at this cool shark photo. (shows me a page in a magazine)
Me: Oh, is that in Australia? They have the most amazing wildlife.
Dad: You guys should go!
Me: Ya, I know, but we looked into it and it's super expensive.
Dad: Just buy a one way ticket and and then figure it out as you go!
Me: Ummmm...this aint the 70's Dad, how would we pay for food and hotels?
Dad: You would figure it out....you guys should really go before you have kids......(gives serious fatherly look)

At this point I get a huge lump in the back of my throat, and start giving Mr. the "lets get out of here" look.
What I don't understand is how he could feel so confident that we would have no problem "figuring it out" broke, and all alone, in a foreign country...but that we couldn't possibly handle raising our own child. As if there is pride in world travel, but to have a child right now would make us worthy of an episode of Jerry Springer. It is ridiculously insulting. Yet, once again, I begin to second guess myself.
posted by Courtney at 8:25 AM -
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me
Name: Courtney
Home: Cali, United States
About Me: Clean freak, wife, stay at home mother of two boys, and a Disneyland fanatic.
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Background by EM

 

 
 
 
Ovulation ticker
Make an ovulation ticker

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones